Thursday, July 30, 2009

LG 42LG50 42-Inch 1080p LCD HDTV

42" LCD TV HD Montior, 1080p FULL HD (1920 x 1080) resolution, 15,000:1 Contrast Ratio, ATSC/NTSC/Clearn QAM - 1 Tuner, XD Engine, 178 True Wide Viewing Angle, SRS TruSurroundXT, 3 HDMI, USB 2.0, includes table stand
Customer Review: poor quality or defective
I ordered this TV based on the reviews and I was disappointed. The TV was fuzzy in spots, but not enough for me to be sure it was defective. However, based on this reviews, i assume it has to be. The HDTV channels are clear except for certain areas are blurry. Edges around graphics sometimes come in blurry. Especially bad with sports programming. The non HDTV channels came in worse than my old tube TV. I had cable come to check the connection, no issues there. I plugged it in to where I haave another hdtv (which works great) and it was blurry there too. I returned it and ordered the Panasonic plasma G10 - it's on its way.
Customer Review: Great picture - not that great sound
This is the first HD tv I have ever purchased, but I have lived with roommates for over 4 years that have owned HD tvs the entire time. I am very satisfied with the picture on this TV (for the price). The blacks looks very deep, and TimeWarner cable looks awesome, as do xbox 360 games and BluRay discs. My only gripe is the sound. Sometimes I have to turn it up near the maximum volume of 100 to hear things properly, and the speakers have a very noticeable rattle to them, even when they are not cranked all the way up. I got a killer deal on this TV around Christmas time, and I'm planning to hook up surround sound to eliminate the quiet/rattling speakers problem, so overall I'm very satisfied.


Motorola SB6120

No comments:

Post a Comment